176 Envelopes Update!!!
It has been so much fun to be in touch with all of you, we have already had 50 envelopes requested! There are 126 envelopes left that need to be requested, so please don’t forget your envelope!! Here are updated pictures of the boards so you will know what numbers are still available.
Do you like sunsets? Then #16 would be good for you!
Have you ever vacationed in Jamaica or hope to, maybe your favorite bobsled team is still the Jamaicans? Then you’ll enjoy #117!
Are you patriotic and a fan of the red, white, and blue? Then #146 is for you!
Maybe you’d like to meet someone new…then #103 is waiting to come visit you!
Yes adoption is a serious matter and yes the costs are seriously high, but this is a lot of fun! So be creative & silly to pick your envelope!!
We have been blessed with amazing experiences already and I want to share some of them with you. God is doing great things in how He is providing for our adoptions but He is doing even greater things!!!
- A family chose a number based on their “gotcha” date for their adopted child. Such a treasure to be connected with other adoptive families.
- A small local church voted to take an envelope. A whole church, giving to our family!? What glorious, undeserved gifts the Lord gives!! His undeserved favor…His grace.
- An delightful 8 year old girl, chose envelope #9 and filled it with $10…of her own money!!!
- Complete strangers, shared their Third Thursday booth with us, at no cost, so that we could get more envelopes filled.
- We have gotten the opportunity to discuss the adoption process and costs with SO many people. This has been so wonderful to help people understand the extremely complex world of adoption. We need to know and understand adoption so we know how to support, serve, and encourage adoptive families. What a privilege it has been!
- The last two are extra precious because they come from our sons…
- Our oldest was typing in the information for the requested envelopes and the money we had received, when he told me he would be right back. He returned and asked me to wait and not to look as he went to another room. He came and presented me with the envelope that matched his age and that same amount, from his own wallet, filled the envelope!!! I couldn’t help but tear up…and still am as I type! He excitedly took it upon himself to get his own money, choose his own envelope, and give to the adoption of his little brother! (2 Corinthians 9:7 Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.)
- Following suit, our youngest got his coins and went into the other room. He picked envelope #10 and purposed to put 11 coins in it!! Oh my, what precious gifts God has given us!!! He then went on to choose envelope #7 and put 9 coins in it!! His gifts used up almost all of his coins. Sure they didn’t match the dollar amount but his heart gave far more than what was in those envelopes. My heart was so full that my tears continued to fall. (Mark 12:41-44 And He sat down opposite the treasury, and began observing how the people were putting money into the treasury; and many rich people were putting in large sums. A poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which amount to a cent. Calling His disciples to Him, He said to them, “Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the contributors to the treasury; for they all put in out of their surplus, but she, out of her poverty, put in all she owned, all she had to live on.”)
Our sons have always freely given joyfully and as parents we have learned so much from them. Jesus talked about the faith of a child and I now see their generosity as another aspect of childlike faith.
May you all be so deeply blessed by the great things God has done!
“For the Mighty One has done great things for me;
And holy is His name.” Luke 1:49